Monday, February 16, 2009

bad at keeping secrets (no I'm not pregnant)

Photobucket

Remember like 17 years ago (or August) when I told you about this bookshelf project I did for the book "One Yard Wonders," Contest?

Photobucket

Well I won.

I was going to wait till the book was actually published to say anything, but it turns out it won't be until October, and I can't keep a secret that long. I found out today that the manuscript is finished and is now in the hands of the publisher, so its really going to happen.

Also I was planning on posting the instructions for the bookcase on my blog if I didn't win, but since its going to be in the book I don't think I am supposed to. (Although, if you you really want them email me and I'll send them to you.)

So the funny thing is that I had a few other sewing projects that were much more exciting than this bookcase, that I just didn't get done in time, so I submitted that instead. I am almost embarrassed at how easy it was to do. Oh well...I'm still excited.

I'll keep you posted about the book. I can't wait to get it...I have lots of one yard cuts of fabric hanging around my sewing room.

Until then you can join the facebook group, or read more here.

I know you're dying to.

16 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so cool! You must feel so accomplished, even if it hardly took any work. That's SOOO cute. If the boys hadn't broken the back of their bookshelf off, I would do that to theirs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That is awesome. and the bookcase is SO cute!

    (So I have to admit when I saw the title there was a second where I thought you might be pregnant again. Ha. It's because I just found out like 5 girls in my ward are pregnant so now I'm suspecting everyone.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool to be published. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well now I can say that I love Charlie's bookshelf! Such a bright spot in his lame room.... which is soon going to be painted! How cool will it be to see your name in print in a book! You're so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Honey I'm so excited for you! Congratulations! How fun will that be to see it in a book! OX,Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. The title made me think you were pregnant, too. just for future reference, i don't want to get wind of your next pregnancy on your blog ;)

    you've always been a winner to me. even before you won. (aw!)

    the shelf is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since this is the second time people have thought that I am announcing that I am pregnant via my blog recently...let me just clarify... I am not pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay, I am soo excited for you. congratulations,Danielle! It is so darling too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Check you out!!!! That is so awesome. Can't wait to see the book.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How exciting! It really is a cute idea and sometimes simple is the best anyway (especially for people like me . . . when it comes to anything fabric related).

    ReplyDelete
  11. COngratulations!!! I have never seen a cuter one yard of fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I keep thinking about this periodically, so I'm glad you let us know! I'm so excited for you.
    AuntLeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. ugh. get pregnant already.

    i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The question is....can we still be friends when YOU are rich and famous? (And not pregnant.)

    ReplyDelete
  15. i loved this the first time I saw it on your blog, and I'm even more excited to see that you made it in! Yay! And I'd love the instructions--do you still have my email address? I was thinking just today that I wanted to do this to one of my bookcases.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice work Danielle! You are so flippin crafty, you should open up your own design studio.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...