Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Spooky Silhouette

Photobucket

While beginning to clean my craftroom/office, which is in serious need of cleaning, I came across the supplies I bought last year to make a Halloween decoration I never got around to doing. Since Avery was fast asleep, and since its almost October, I ditched cleaning and made this instead.

It was super easy to make, but I can't take credit for the idea. I saw something similar last year at a craft fair. At $35 though, I figured I could just make it myself. I found this raven image on the internet, printed (I printed it at %150), cut, and traced it, onto a 10"x 10" paint canvas, and then painted the bird using black acrylic paint. It takes a few coats, but its simple. Once it dried I sprayed a clear coat over to seal it. Then I glued black feathers around the edge, and attached a black ribbon to hang, and viola...done before Avery woke up, and for under $10 in supplies.

Photobucket


Photobucket

The only downside is that the craftroom is still a big mess. Oh well...

It's spookier that way.



12 comments:

  1. So cute Danielle, and a cute post! Is that a black chandelier? I am puzzled.OX, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. darling! what a fun little craft-fix during nap time.
    and i'm loving that whole display at the end...did you whip that up during naptime, too??

    you're giving martha a run for her money :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep...Its a black chandelier...its a decoration though. Not a real one. It's flocked, and has black crystals hanging from it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see a woman with long black hair looking to the left--bare shoulder--curl over her forehead. Rorschach? Truly, though, I am blown away by how cool this looks!!
    AuntLeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the raven art Danielle! I remember you buying that chandelier last year when we were doing some after Halloween half price shopping. I am still so glad you got it! The whole arrangement is just great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks great! AND how cool for under $10.
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HAVE to submit that to "Real Simple" for next year's October edition!!! Incredible. You have such an artistic, lovely touch, Danielle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a bird to me. I think LeAnn needs psychoanalysis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had elbow surgery. I blame the Percocet!!!!
    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  10. now that is some serious halloween fun! Love it! (and love Avery playing golf! So darling!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great--so well put together!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...