Saturday, September 19, 2009

Does Your Homework Require a Gluestick?

Photobucket


While vocalizing my annoyance that my pattern teacher's tardiness to class was causing me to be away from my daughter an extra 30 unnecessary minutes, the girl sitting in front of me whipped around and said, "You have a daughter? How old are you?"

"How old do you think I am?" I made her feel uneasy.

"Maybe 21 or 22?"

Too tired to think of a clever retort, and a little surprised she thought 22 was astonishingly young to have a baby, I just settled on the truth,

"I'm 28, but thanks".

And there you have it...I'm officially old.

Not because I'm 28--heavens Oprah says I won't be confidant enough even to know who I really am, or what I want until at least 45...I'm basically a baby in Oprah years,

but because I was glad that someone thought I looked younger than I really was, and because instead of being relieved that my teacher's tardiness meant 30 minutes of goofing off, I was seriously bugged that she was wasting my time and money.

I guess there is hope for me becoming a mature adult yet.

Tardiness aside, my class is lovely. It's a great outlet for my imagination and its wildly fun to have a textbook I can't wait to crack and spend some quality time with.

Wildly.


5 comments:

  1. Danielle where are you taking this class? It looks right up your alley. Can't wait to see what you create!
    -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so great you are taking some classes. I am jealous of your motivation. I still can't come to terms with ever having to take a test or do homework again, but maybe some day. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey I am so happy for you. I can see how passionate you are about that class.I am so glad you are following your bliss!(Sounds so Oprah, huh?)OX, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally random, but what is the name of the text book that you are using?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its called Pattern Making for Fashion Design.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...