Saturday, July 31, 2010

To Clarify...

While we hope to grow a bit of our own food in this pretty garden eventually (we moved in too late this season)...

Photobucket

At the moment, we are mostly eating food like this:

(This is what happens when you send Trav to the store with the instructions, "Just get some food". Avery may or may not have eaten cheetos and sour patch kids as part of her breakfast this morning. I may have had shortbread cookies.)

Can you count 7 varieties of chips?

Photobucket

When I say "we" are working hard to get this place ready to live in...I mean these guys are working hard (I mostly walk around with a measuring tape looking for centered-ness and ask dumb questions):

Photobucket

Ricky, Juan and Oscar. Avery thinks they live here and kind of loves them. She asks to go up and see "the guys" every morning and wonders where they are on the weekends.

Photobucket

I am not too good for a treadmill...
I am just far too lazy and unmotivated. I need physical chores built in my life to get me moving.

Photobucket

We like to pretend that this rad barn we get to look at past our backyard is ours...
Its our super-nice neighbors'.

What is ours is a fallen down rusty metal shed. And the pile of wood.
But its all ours.

Sorry no photo.

7 comments:

  1. oh, that view of the mountain is gorgeous. can't wait to come see it for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can show you how to harvest those chickens if you would like. Fried chicken and chips. MMMMMM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well to be fair, chips are food...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the pics honey.OX, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the view of the mountains, looks very peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like you guys are on a little wild ride! those make the best memories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun project. Your attitude is perfect. Enjoy the process and love the people you are with through it all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...