Wednesday, January 7, 2009

pay no attention to the crooked lines

Photobucket

Even though I vowed to never sew again after nearly being defeated by my mother's Christmas gift (you didn't know that...I just told you), I needed a creative break today, and so I made this bib.

Because Avery is getting good at eating real food.

Because I got this cute idea from one of the bibs that Trav's grandma made and we got to use during our visit.

And because I needed a project I could complete during my darling girl's nap. Quick projects are the best-- all the gratification, less of the work. I told you...I am being more careful with my time this year.

Come back tomorrow and I'll show you how I did it. (It's reversible, in case you need more of a sell.)

I wish I had a photo of the apron I made my mom for Christmas. I was too mad at it to take its picture. I know...how could an apron be that hard to sew? Well it was a reproduction pattern of a 1920's apron that had all kinds of things going on-- curvy borders, lots of basting and stay-stitching. The works. Not to mention very unclear directions. It turned out cute though.

See you tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Um, what crooked lines!? It's so cute! I'm not sure I could get that done during nap time! I'm excited to get a closer look in real life!

    (hope your lesson is coming along)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I L-O-V-E it!!!!

    I don't see the crooked lines either.

    It really does remind me of the bibs my Mom made for my babies, that were still in the drawer when you were up here.

    Great job!
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bib WINS!! Dang that is cute.
    P.S. I don't remember the bibs Mom made, Colleen? Were you in UT/CA then so I never saw them?
    AuntLeAnn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...