Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Cleanflix



If you are from Utah, then you have no doubt heard of businesses like Cleanflix that edited potentially offensive content from movies and re-sold them. Its something I always kind of found kind of crazy and interesting. Well my friend Rachel's husband Josh has spent the past 3 years making a documentary about some local movie-sanitizing businesses that stayed open despite a court ruling ordering them to shut down, plus some ironic drama surrounding the personal lives of the guys running them. I can't wait to see the film. It has been accepted into the Toronto Film Festival which is super prestigious. Way to go Josh! Read more here.

2 comments:

  1. You're sweet to write a post about this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw the "Cleanfix" version if the movie "Scarface". It was only 3 minutes long. "Say hello to my little freind" sounded like Mr. Rogers. Pretty much the same otherwise.

    I hope Sundance Channel picks up the documentary. Sounds interesting. XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...