I am really bad at following through on stuff like this. Chain letters. Recipe exchanges. Bad. I never did do the the last tag I got, so I figured I'd better redeem myself-- although to be fair, I was vomiting most of the past three months. So seven random things about me:
1. I daydream about living in a treehouse ala Swiss Family Robinson, or The Lost Boys. And I do believe in Fairies.
2. I really like rocks...a lot. I also like science and music. My mom was right. I do regret quiting piano, but am trying to teach myself again. And I wish I had a nicer singing voice.
3. When I was little I wanted to change my name to Olivia, because I felt that "Danielle" did not adequately capture my true self. I have grown to like my name, but I still feel like my face doesn't look like me. Does that make sense? Like in my head, I look different than I do in the mirror...more expressive maybe.
4. I have always had a pretty clear vision of my "style". I am not saying it is good...just that I know what I like. Like when I was 4 and I insisted on a purple striped leotard instead of a pink one...even when my mom tried to bribe me by throwing in pink tights with the pink leotard. No dice. Or at 5 or 6 when I got her to cut my hair really short and perm it because it was the 80's and that's what all the mom's at Jazzercise were doing with their hair. I was obviously very mature for my age. I cried after she did it. When I was maybe 8, I got my mom to sew me several outfits because I felt the Rogue Valley Mall did not have the kind of cutting edge fashion choices I needed. Like what you ask? Let's just say there was a plaid blazer involved. In sixth grade I wore an African/Rastafarian hat and vest to school. Seriously. In high school, where I was known to sport things like bottle cap belts and multicolored leather pants, I was once told by a boy that he would like to see me wear an entire normal outfit just one day. What can I say...I had flair (see #3).
5. I have wanted to be: A fashion designer (see #4), a shoe designer, a furniture designer, a floral designer, a landscape architect,a recreational therapist (yes that's a real thing) and nurse. I'm a nurse, but I watch project runway and secretly scheme about getting on the show. I like making things.
6. Among my young women church group I was voted (OK we didn't actually vote...just discussed) most likely to be the first one married with a child, because I really love/d babies. I am officially the last (at least with the child part).
7. People sometimes think that I am a know-it-all, but I prefer to think of myself as confidently giving my best educated guess when a question is asked to me. I don't think that I am always right though. I just expect other people to say what they think too.
I tag Vanessa and Anne