Tuesday, April 14, 2009

practice

So towards the beginning of my week with no internet I did a little photography workshop with Kate, given by Leah Wright, a local photographer who has taken some pictures for Kate before. It was fun. I learned a few things...and it forced me to take a closer look at my camera. And I realized that I really want a 50 mm lens. And I realized that Avery is perfectly happy and fine while left in her father's care for large chunks of time and that I should do it more often. I would probably never leave my house if it weren't for Kate.

Also I learned that when hoping to take good pictures, it helps to have beautiful subjects:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Vanessa and David happened to be over the day after the workshop so I forced them to pose a bit. By the way, do you have any tips for getting both eyes in focus at low apertures?

6 comments:

  1. These look great! No tips--sorry. Love the Easter pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh man, good work. that might the best picture of me and david ever taken. you're so good at everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm still trying to figure out the eye/aperature thing. when i get to utah we'll have to have some picture taking dates. oh, and the 50 mm lens rocks. i just bought the cheapest 1.8. it's only $100. totally worth it! i kinda hate my kits lens now.

    these are great by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's my take on the eye/aperture thing. Since her head is slightly tilted, the back eye is going to be out of focus, of course depending on how low your aperture is. If you want them both in focus and you want a low aperture then both eyes need to be on the same plane, unless of course you bump your aperture up a bit. From what I've read it's fine to have one eye out of focus as long as it's the eye closest that is in focus.

    But maybe you already knew all this. Cute pics I think. And they make a darling couple!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute couple. great pictures. you're so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't even know what the heck an aperture is.

    What the heck is an aperture?

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...