Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Photobucket
(Lovin' on her dinner...for more see here)



Last night Avery did a big pooh in the bath tub. It wasn't the first time, but it was the first time since she starting eating solids. It was hilarious. I don't know why. I was laughing so hard that I wished I had someone to share it with. I did. Avery laughed too, and after I hurriedly grabbed her out of the tub we had a serious chuckle for a good five minutes. I think she knew what she was up to. And, I almost took a picture-- which I realize is gross.

My dad smashed his finger almost off when I was 13..14 (?). A huge boulder rolled on it at the lake. That was gross too. It was the gnarliest thing I had ever seen. I also thought we should take a picture of that. My mom thought it best not to. It was kind of a traumatic thing. We didn't know if the crazy surgeries to repair it would work, or if my dad would loose his finger. Since our livelihood depended on his precise hands and clever surgical skills, a fingerless dad was a much scarier prospect then it might have otherwise been.

But it was life-- gritty and raw, and I thought it should be documented. Just like pooh in the tub.

Because that is the stuff our days are made of, and I love every hilarious minute of it.

6 comments:

  1. wow--we have yet to have that happen with our kids, so I'm glad you can laugh about it. :-)

    btw, LOVE the easter pics. avery has a good gene pool! you all look so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I went to Africa, I took pictures of people with worms in their feet--which I thought was interesting (we were helping them remove the worms). My brother thought it was disgusting and hates it when those pictures pop up on my screen saver. So I know what you mean :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I guess I share your sense of humor. I would have been laughing at the pooh too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could do surgery with one less finger; I would just have to give a 10% discount. Honestly, after working in nursing homes, ERs, and the State Hospital I saw a lot worse than smashed fingers and baby poo. Nothing as bad as watered-down lemonade, however. :)

    PS You were a trooper on the houseboat that time BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When Samm was a baby she would poop in the tub every single time she took a bath. After a while we would just scoop it out and keep going.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, man. We had poop in the tub for the first time at our house the other day. Luckily, most of the water was drained. The funny thing was that I would move Zoe to a different spot to clean up the first pile and she would go again! It happened like 3 or 4 times.

    Love Avery's gummy smile.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...