Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Wed

Photobucket

So... these two are married now. We went to Sacramento last week for the jubilant event and I managed to not take a single photo of the entire week. Which is sad, because you are going to want to see a picture of Vanessa's dress. There is one that managed to get snapped here
Cute right?

We had a really fun time though and hopefully David's family wasn't too sick of us by the time we were done messing up their house, eating their food, and waking up at an obscenely early hour and not doing a great job of keeping Avery quiet. Also, the wedding was fun, but what was really fun was the week before the wedding when we got to hang out with Vanessa and her new inlaws Jenny and Grace and do wedding stuff. Flowers...decorations...sewing a veil (OK I may have done that at 5 am on the actual day of the wedding, which made it slightly less fun)...shopping for tiny metallic shoes for the babies. And Jenny taught me how to put on fake eyelashes (which I managed to not actually quite get on on the actual day of the wedding... nobody was looking at me anyway) and introduced me to a new organic (so totally healthy) sucker that I used to bribe Avery through shopping trips the entire week... so I pretty much think she is the coolest person ever. For lots of other reasons too. We were sad to leave them. Really sad.

And Vanessa and David are living it up on the beaches of Thailand right now so I would miss them too, but mostly I just hate them. Just kidding. I only hate them a little. They will back in our neighborhood in January so we are excited.


Photobucket

So I have lots of laundry from the trip still and my house is a mess so naturally instead of cleaning it up I took Avery to the craft store and then came home made this little...I'm gonna call it a pom-pom garland, for my window. I was in a bad mood and needed to do a craft. And I am so annoyed by all the crazy Christmas stuff out already. Geez Christmas...you already get all of December...stop being so greedy. So in protest I did something Fallish. In my world blue walls + marigold orange= fall. Plus I don't really care, I like it so well I'll probably never take it down. And it brightened my day so much I might actually get the laundry done now.

I got the idea here. But the directions are wonky and don't work. I did 6x5 inch squares and used 8 or 9 sheets of tissue instead. Doesn't it look like Pom-pom fringe? I love it.

OK off to do sort the laundry. What are you doing instead of cleaning your house?

9 comments:

  1. WAAAA! I can't look at the dress without being a facebook user. :o( Dying to see pictures of the wedding!! I actually did vacuum the house last week and woke up SO SORE the next day, I decided it was a sign to join the gym with Richard. Hell just froze over!!
    AuntLeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh shoot...I was wondering about that. I'll have him email it to me and try to get one up tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. taking Isaac to the pediatrician for his 4-month checkup. Now I'm two hours behind on the rest of the day. Another reason to dread shots...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the garland! I saw a photo of you from the wedding (on facebook too ha ha) and you looked so gorgeous! Your hair was pretty and I am curious about what the hairpiece was in the side of your hair. I totally agree about Christmas...Thanksgiving is still a week away and I don't want it to get overlooked! Boo!

    Alsooooo I only have ONE DAY left at my job (yahoo) so that means I have lots of free time and want to come visit you and see your garland in person!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a picture. I don't have your email. send it to me. mindylsmith@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the garland! so glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. DAN-IELLE! that made me cry a little bit! i had SOOO much fun while you were out here. i think that since i am now related to vanessa, we can just claim that we are also SIL's. i think after v&d return we should leave the girls with them and take a month long vaca of our own!
    love, love, love the garland. and the beautiful jars on top of your black hutch. and avery's white high chair. and your blue walls. wanna come decorate my house?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mini sunshines!!! They are sooooo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Danielle, my name is Natalie, Emily W. told me about your cute blog, so I come here every now and then. You are so talented. :)

    I have been looking for the perfect blue for my front room and I LOVE yours. Do you remember the color and brand? Email me at nhellis@hotmail.com :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...