Friday, September 21, 2007

super, man

So this is my husband. His name is Travis, and he is the best husband in the whole world.



He is an attorney at a big fancy law firm...which is hard. See his name is even on his door. Which is big stuff. Big stuff people!




He has a swanky office, with a fabulous view. See:


But the best thing about my husband is after a long day of saying things like, "torts" and "due diligence", and writing pages and pages of legal documents, he very often does the following:

Makes 11 stops to buy me things like smoothies (an assortment so they would last a few days), waits in line to pick up my less-puking medicine, browses through the aisles to find me all kinds of other embarrassing unmentionable pregnancy relief related products, and then goes to the video store so I will have something entertaining to do while lying on the couch all day. What a guy.

But that's not all.




Then when he gets home he proceeds to clean up all the messes I have made during the day. Does the laundry so he will have some clean undies to wear to work, and then cooks me big pots of things like this:


so I will have something healthy to eat.

Oh and he tells me he thinks I am pretty.

...even when I smell a little like puke.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats! We were out of town for the week and I came back to see a whole slew of very exciting posts! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the greatest post!
    Trav is so good to you; you're lucky to have each other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. i really like the song on your sidebar. (of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! Your husband is so sweet. I love sweet husbands! Mine is making us tuna steaks for dinner. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know why I have such sweet feelings for Trav, but I do, maybe it's because he is so absolutely sweet to you and unendingly kind to, well, everyone....You have yourself a pretty wonderful other half! He slept on the couch so Mark and I could have your bed! Who does that?? Trav. He walks us down to our car everytime we come visit. He helps us with all kinds of legal work, very kind of him! You both came and helped put our yard in, and only a month after his shoulder surgery! That's the kind of family you are! Well this is starting to sound like I love Trav, and I guess I do because I love you and it's obvious he loves you more then anything in his whole life. Even golf! I'm just happy you have each other and that your having a baby! I'm just happy all my friends found such wonderful husbands!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummmm... PRESH. I think it's amazing to reflect on how well our husbands complete us. i.e. I am a neurotic nut-job and Taylor is totally calm. You are sometimes messy and Trav is mega-tidy. Those are just some small examples, but really I think it is miraculous how much more balanced we are now that we have "other-halfs."

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you are one lucky lady, and also one deserving lady. To answer your question on my blog, no I'm not in labor. That would be kind of weird if I was, and I was making sure to comment on your blog.

    I do love "The Way I Am" by Ingrid. Jeff loves the part where she says, "I'd buy you Rogain, if you start losing all your hair." Great line. Kind of like Trav saying, "I think your beautiful" even if you smell like puke, and kind of like Jeff saying, "You look beautiful today", even though I weigh more than him right now. That is love baby!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for you and is your hubby available for weekday rentals? I could use some cooking and a juicy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a dream boat! You are a blessed woman :) You forgot to mention that his cheeks are to die for adorable. He may think they make him look like a little boy but I think they are endearing and attractive! You can tell him I said that...because all men need a good compliment every now and again.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved smoothies when I was prego. I love sweet hubbies :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is just about the cutest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh. i love my only in-law as well.i'm glad that i can tell everyone about you being prego now. that nearly killed me.

    alos i think you should put your pregnancy test in a shadow box.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet husband! Please, can we all finally meet? I have never met Travis! When you are feeling up to it, I would love for Tim, Claire and I to come down and say hello. Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm gaining a whole new appreciation for Trav through your blog...ha ha. I love you both lots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I'm back. My computer isn't fixed but it is working for now. Hope you are feeling better, and if not, know that I love you and am thinking of you....ok so know that I love you and am thinking of you either way ;)!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...